Tuesday, January 18, 2022

IN MEMORY OF Tom Markham

"Break on through to the other SIDE!!!!"

His Doors music that I play today in my car.

"Light My Fire" the one I play over and over again singing and thinking of Tommy Markham!

Tom was my little Brother at the Gamma Delta Chapter at the University of Miami.

The most loyal and dynamic person that I have ever met in my life!

His intellect and energy made him a giant force to be reckoned with in life.

He helped us to earn the Fraternity of the Year Award at Miami!!

As pledges Tom organized the group to steal our bus and leave us at the Gator/Canes game.

They ran off to Naples and tied our clothes in knots back at the House!

His class would be the most powerful group of young men to walk the Hall's of UM!!!

Tom is at peace with his Maker and God!

The most religious man that I knew.

We prayed together in June last year in Newport Rhode Island with our other Pal Andrew at Spivack 's daughter's wedding.

Dressed as the Dapper man he was heads and shoulders ahead of the fashion plates.

His 3-piece suit and suede shoes were a real show stopper!!!

The White suit was a Miami Vice original...

Tom only wanted to dine at the Best Restaurants during his business career.

Zagot's guide was his bible and he marked them off one at a time.

Andy and I were chastised if we didn't follow the other holy bible.

Tom would raise his voice like no one else and you snapped to attention!!!

Everything went back that wasn't just perfect Markham style.

Tom's Uncle was the Archbishop of Boston and rescued him from peril at Yankee Stadium from various business ventures like selling ice cream and driving a limo.

Big and Bold You knew what Tom stood for in politics and sports!!!

Just like Jim Morrison of the Door's.

Tom came into my life like a lightning bolt.

Joined the TEKES and became my little brother.

He called me YOUR PRYTANIS for 50 years.

We were going to celebrate the 50 years but ran out of time.

His last few years were difficult and hard.

In and out of hospitals and rehab centers.

Never complained about the pain and hardship.

Prayed to his God and told me the only thing he was missing was going to his Church.

My last note from Tom last year.

"Hey Denny"
Surprise! This is the Cigar box I promised to send you, when we settled down for my first stogie in years-and it was Good.
Sorry it took so long to send it.
I apologize Prytanis.
Enjoy a Great one on St. Patrick's Day
"Were cut from the same Cloth"
I love you
God Bless---Tom

 WOW

He was a Great Man as Scott H said earlier. He could have been a Special Lawyer... f he focused on it.

His pal Andy Spivack is an attorney out of the UM and they were the best of friends for 50 years.

Dennis L
Tau Kappa Epsilon
Prytanis
1972-1973
UM
Iron Arrow.
January 18, 2022

No comments:

Post a Comment